Do you want to share your craft and work one-to-one with an aspiring teen writer?
Apply to be a Volunteer Writing Mentor today!
Press Release from Girls Write Now:
Girls Write Now is a community of professional women writers—educators, editors, poets, novelists, playwrights, journalists, literary agents, publishers, and more—on a mission. Since 1998 we’ve provided guidance, support, and opportunities for New York City’s underserved or at-risk high school girls, enabling them to develop their creative, independent voices, explore careers in professional writing, and learn how to make healthy school, career, and life choices.
Now entering our thirteenth season of programming, Girls Write Now is seeking passionate writers, teachers, and leaders.
The mentor application for the 2010-2011 program year is NOW AVAILABLE! Deadline to apply is May 1, 2010.
Please find the application on our website: www.girlswritenow.org/gwn/join/mentors
Questions? Contact Heather Smith, Enrollment Chair, at email@example.com.
Girls Write Now is seeking passionate writers, teachers, and leaders who are…
- Armed with at least two years of professional writing experience.
- Dedicated to guiding the artistic, academic, and professional aspirations of young women.
- Willing to work collectively with Girls Write Now and to recognize the importance of a supportive community in
- Prepared to make clear, frequent, and tenacious communication with our leadership, volunteers, and mentees.
- Able to make a serious commitment from September 2010-June 2011 to weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions, monthly group workshops and special events, and participation on one event committee.
How to Apply:
Download and fill out the Girls Write Now Mentor Application from our website, www.girlswritenow.org (click the “Join” tab on the left), and email your Mentor Application, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2010.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 212.336.9330.