Ten Questions. Ten Answers. And One Big Decision: Rock, Paper, Or Scissors?
Production Company: Genie’s Hat Productions
An oddball song and dance duo has the chance to be on their favorite TV show. The only problem is that they have to be in Hollywood by tomorrow. With no money or wheels between them, the pair soon discovers that the road to D-List fame is naughtier and more dangerous than they imagined.
- Wed 2/19 @ 5:30pm
- Fri 2/21 @ 7:05pm
- Tue 2/25 @ 7:05pm
- Sat 3/8 @ 6:50pm
- Sun 3/9 @ 12:30pm
Answers by Alycya Miller (Writer, Director)
1. Your tag line is out there on postcards and press releases so we know the PR version of what this play is about. But when you talk to your family and friends, how do you explain the show to them?
AM: I say “If Ab Fab‘s Edina and Patsy met Abbott and Costello at a party and decided to have an orgy, Brownie and Lolli would be the combined offspring who appeared 9 months later.”
2. Here’s a scenario: After the show some audience members go have a drink. What’s the part of the show you hope they’re discussing?
AM: I hope they’re discussing underlying political and social satire.
3. What drives your show – character, theme or plot?
4. In rehearsals, read-thrus, or prior incarnations, what’s the one thing someone said about the show so far that made you (or the team) the most proud?
AM: They said “I’ve never seen comedy show integrate choreographed dance numbers and good music like yours.”
5. Let’s fantasize for a moment. Let’s take the “off-off” off. Imagine this show is on Broadway. Would that change the production itself?
AM: It would probably water it down, put it in a blender with ice, and then suck the life out of it through a straw!
6. Taking that one step further – after paying everyone what they’re worth of course, what is the most lavish, luxurious, pointless thing you would spend money on if there was no constraints?
AM: A portable stripper pole.
7. Is there a scene, a moment, a gesture … anything at all in the show that you anticipate may get a completely different reaction depending on the audience that night?
AM: We took it out to meet Frigid”s 60 minute time slot, but yes, we have an abortion joke that depends on who is in the audience. We can’t wait for our Washington, DC performance where we can try it out again.
8. What’s your favorite line from the show?
AM: “Guess who got the wishbone.”
9. Is the world of this play sustainable outside a theatre? In other words … do you think people live the way the characters do? Would you want a world where they do?
AM: This is absurd, surreal comedy…people totally live this way outside theatre.
10. You scan the audience and you see a face that stops you dead in your tracks – who is it? And why are you shocked?
AM: Tyler Perry. Because I didn’t think he liked good theater.
Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament of DEAAAAATH
In the THM virtual Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament of DEAAAAATH which FRIGID Show do you take on? And what do you throw?
CHALLENGES: Tina and Amy: Last Night in Paradise.
THROWS: I’m throwing rock.
And your challenge against TINA and AMY who threw SCISSORS – leaves you with another WIN!!!
CONGRATULATIONS Brownie and Lolli - that’s TWO WINS and ONE DRAW! Very nicely done!!
Thanks Brownie And Lolli Go To Hollywood for participating in The Happiest Medium’s FRIGID New York Festival 2014 Q&A. And for playing our game! You’re officially ROCK in any and all challenges. You may win, you may lose – who knows! This is how it works in the crazy world of the Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament of DEAAAAATH!
For the rest of you don’t forget to check out Brownie And Lolli Go To Hollywood !
Horse Trade Theater Group will present the 8th Annual FRIGID New York Festival at The Kraine Theater (85 East 4th Street between 2nd Avenue and Bowery) and UNDER St. Marks (94 St. Marks Place between 1st Avenue and Avenue A) February 19-March 9. Tickets are available for purchase in advance at www.FRIGIDnewyork.info or by calling 212-868-4444.