Ten Questions. Ten Answers. And one Big Surprise in the audience …
produced by Rising Sun Performance Company
The award winning, critically acclaimed Rising Sun Performance Company returns to FRIGID with a tale of heartbreak, madness, and horror. Isabel’s world is forever altered over the course of two nights separated by decades in a desolate Maine cabin. If only she could hear three little words…
- Wed Feb 17, 2016 | 5:30PM
- Sun Feb 21, 2016 | 5:10PM
- Tue Feb 23, 2016 | 7:10PM
- Fri Feb 26, 2016 | 8:30PM
- Thu Mar 03, 2016 | 10:30PM
Kraine Theater New York, NY $14/$18
Answers by Samantha Turret
1. Forget the PR version. When you’re talking to your friends, how do you explain this show to them?
Samantha: It’s about family, love, and trust…and the way Isabel’s past alters her present opinions about all of those things and more. Not for the light of heart.
2. Here’s a scenario: After the show some audience members go have a drink. What’s the part of the show you hope they’re discussing?
Samantha: The ending. No spoilers!
3. What drives your show – character, theme or plot?
Samantha: Character and plot I would say!
4. In rehearsals, read-thrus, or prior incarnations, what’s the one thing someone said about the show so far that made you (or the team) the most proud?
Samantha: The other night Richie posted this on Facebook and I was truly touched, “It was fight night for Sprucehaven B rehearsals. And …. well…. I just got my butt kicked by my …. “daughter.” Such a little talent you are, my dear Samantha Turret. I don’t hold any of my bruises, sprains, or pulled muscles. lol. And of course the perfect ending to my night was a stiff drink. Thanks to fight choreographer Monica Blaze Leavitt!”
5. If money and resources (and even reality) were no object what is the most lavish, luxurious, pointless prop, costume, effect – anything – that you would spend money on for this show?
Samantha: A full cabin with a bathroom, and porch, and everything!!
6. What’s the one thing you’re looking forward to regarding the FRIGID Festival itself?
Samantha: I’ve never done frigid before, so I’m excited for a new experience!
7. Is there a scene, a moment, a gesture … anything at all in the show that you anticipate may get a completely different reaction depending on the audience that night?
Samantha: I think the violence could effect everyone in vastly different ways.
8. What’s your favorite line from the show?
Samantha: All of them, the script is honestly pure genius.
9. What’s the last thing you usually do before the beginning of a show?
Samantha: Take up as much space as I can with my arms outstretched. This position is supposed to increase confidence by raising your testosterone levels!
10. You scan the audience and you see a face that stops you dead in your tracks – who is it? And why are you shocked?
Samantha: My ex boyfriend, cause that jerk never saw any of my shows!
Well, Samantha, there’s a reason they call them “ex”es right? But I’m sure if he DOES show up, he’ll be mezmerized by your performance! Thanks so much for answering our questions!
The rest of you – don’t forget to check out Sprucehaven B.
Horse Trade Theater Group will present the 10th Annual FRIGID New York Festival at The Kraine Theater (85 East 4th Street between 2nd Avenue and Bowery) and UNDER St. Marks (94 St. Marks Place between 1st Avenue and Avenue A) February 16-March 6. All shows run 60 minutes, or less. Tickets are available for purchase in advance at http://www.horsetrade.